Friday, September 11, 2009

Blogging for Bloggers

I've accepted a challenge from a fellow homeschooler/mom/blogger over here at MDC. I will try to do as many as possible but this has been a very trying week so it may not be as verbose as my posts tend to be. Maybe that is a good thing, lol.

Describe a place you remember from your childhood.

For some reason it seems appropriate that I should write about my kindergarten class. Izzy and I went through some old photos (and gosh I wish I had a scanner because that kid looks scarily like me, in a freaky clone kind of way) and found my kindergarten picture. Now we only had kindergarten way back when. None of this Junior and Senior stuff. I remember my entrance interview and the teacher asking me to count as high as I could. She cut me off some where near one hundred. I remember the tiny blue bathroom stalls near our cubby holes. I remember the circle mat and the nap mats. Geez, we had naps for a half day of school. Weird. There was milk time. And the french teacher would come in - which must have been a Northern Ontario thing because the kids here don't touch french until the fourth grade. Shocking. I don't remember much about the teacher except that she was very kind. That and she wore a blue terry cloth-like dress with brown and orange stripes.

So, with a heavy heart and lots of pretty decent memories of my own, Izzy started her own kindergarten memories this week. It is still shocking to me. 29 years after my own school debut I took Izzy to hers. Time truly flies by!

No comments: