Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Credit where credit is due!


It was my birthday on Sunday. Rob and the kids baked a cake. This is huge. Rob has never baked a cake before. I think, once, before we got married he made a cherry cheese cake for my birthday. Huh, that would have been exactly ten years ago. Back then one of his roommates promised to help him. Truthfully, I don't remember the cheesecake, or if it was even ever made, but I do remember the secret meeting and giggles with C over not leaving Rob alone in the kitchen with the cream cheese and a can of cherries.

So here is my cake and I loved it. I was especially fond of the upside down sugar roses, thanks to Iz. I guess the days of buying my cakes (or better yet, having me bake them the day before) are finally behind me. Thanks to my kidlets and their enthusiasm for baking. I'm sure Rob looks forward to baking with them again, lol.

No comments: