Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's in a name?



I hate trying to come up with titles. I always want something clever and unique but often feel as though I come up short. While sitting at the computer one day Alex came up to me and requested scissors. A few minutes later he bounces down the stairs again and asks where the tape is. No problem. I send him off in search of said items and do not hear from him for at least another half hour. Only then does he glide down the stairs announcing a great surprise. He has decided to become a bird for the day! He cut strips of paper and taped them to his arms and legs. Even a tiny strip attached to his bum - funny kid! Of course Izzy requested he help turn her into a bird too, so off they went, happy to work together.

The first thing I thought was, wow, I never would have come up with that idea. It was simple, fun and creative - not to mention a great way to kill a few hours. See, when left to their own devices, they do find ways to amuse themselves. It seemed appropriate - left to their own devices the kids do quite well on their own.

No comments: