Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How Alex will Remember Me

When I am long gone from this world, Alex will lament the loss of my cooking - those meals that make his eyeballs roll to the back of his head. I always know I am appreciated when my boy is at the kitchen table.

Me: Hey, I found a new pancake recipe online. Want me to try it for lunch?
Alex: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!
Me: Should I make some raspberry jam for it?
Alex: [eyes wide] Could you?! Yes, Please!










Alex: Mmmmmm, mmmmm, we need to have this again! Is Izzy eating all of hers?

Recipe from CityMama:

* 1/2 cup sifted flour
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 3 tablespoons of butter (I originally used four as my recipe called for but I would reduce the amount next time)
* 3-4 tbsps of powdered sugar (sifted first or sprinkled through a sieve)
* juice of half a lemon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In mixing bowl combine flour, eggs, milk, and nutmeg. Whisk together until well-blended. Melt the butter in a large oven-proof saute pan (11-12 inches) or equivalent baking dish. Pour batter into pan, put in oven, and bake for 18-20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice, return to oven for a minute (watch so it doesn't burn), then remove. Serve garnished with fresh fruit if desired.

No comments: