Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pictures Sometimes Say it All!

It has been a helluva few weeks with Izzy. I have been on the receiving end of some of the most volatile tantrums I have ever seen in my life. One of which rates up there in my top 3 worst moments in parenting, for sure. Between Halloween, her birthday and the time change there has been constant battles with this child.

Yesterday Rob calls me into the kitchen to take a look at something funny. Izzy has been playing with the letters on the fridge for months, making up words. She had yet to make an actual word. Until now. I nearly killed myself laughing. Brilliant. And scary all at the same time!


2 comments:

Butterfly said...

Hi,
I loved your birthday post for Izzy, what a beautiful gift for her to enjoy later. I feel for you about the trials you're experiencing. She has so much in common with my Jasmine, nearly 4.5 ... we've had some awful tantrums and battles of wills normally expected of teens. The last month or so has been somewhat more peaceful. What a relief it's been! I hope you get a glimmer of hope soon.
: ) Vanessa.

M.J. said...

Thank you Vanessa! It has been a real trial and I am sure (or just really, really hope) there is a light at the end of this tunnel!