Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Someone please humour me!

Tell me that this child, my 3 years and 3 months old little girl, is destined to do something creative. Be an adventurous soul. Dabble many exotic pursuits. Then, thirty years from now, I can sit back and chuckle over these early attempts to test mommy's breaking point. Why else would a child constantly write in ink all over her body? Why else would she dump a bucket of water on wood flooring to see if it was really bad for it like mommy says? Why else would she try to glue her hands together...on purpose? Why else would she try to put make up on the cat? Or write on the dining table with applesauce? And this was just in one day! I have never met anyone who immediately disregards everything I have ever said to her and does the complete opposite within a matter of minutes.

So tell me what I want to hear. That at least life with Izzy will never be boring. Thats a good thing? Right? I mean it can only get better. I hear teens are a real hoot to live with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have faith. I'm sure she's just getting rid of extra energy now and she'll be an angel as a teen. Surely that's how it works, right? RIGHT?!?

Lisa said...

I am so with you! I have a similar one...she is 5 and getting sassier by the day. The teen years should be interesting! Good luck to you! :)

Julia said...

"This too shall pass"

My friend always said she wanted this tattooed on her forehead in reverse so she would be reminded every time she looked in a mirror.

Remind me in 6 months when E is 3 that it will get better, ok?

Anonymous said...

Good morning Mom.....
And a belated Birthday greeting from me. Sorry I didn't talk to you Sunday night. Am looking forward to seeing you and the family.....
Love Wen