Friday, March 19, 2010

A Conversation Upstairs

There was a little bickering and then Izzy started crying. I didn't hear how it happened but the follow-up conversation had me cracking up!

Alex: "It was all my fault!"
Izzy: "No it was my fault."
Alex: "No, really it was all my fault!"
Izzy: "No, it was all my fault!"
Alex: "No, really, blame me..."

This went on for a few minutes, lol. Shortly after this was heard:

Alex: "You know if you say you can't do it than you can't do it. But if you think you can do it than you can do it. You have to think you can do it."

Izzy comes down the stairs a few minutes later and says to me, "I don't think I can clean my room by myself. Alex says I can't because I think I can't but I can. So I need to tell you the truth that I can't and I need help."

Oh, these kids crack me up. I told her to start with putting her dress up clothes away and than I would be right up to help her along. She shouted thank-you and was grinning ear to ear.

Funny, funny kids!

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

That's priceless! Totally sweet!!

My kids used to fight over making beds ... "I'll help you make your bed," one would say.
"No, I can do it by myself!" the other would reply.
Now they just surprise each other with a random act of kindness, by sometimes just doing it.